About Our School
In 1995, the school first opened as Whispering Wind Elementary. Then in 2008, Whispering Wind established itself as a S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) G2 school. It was then that Whispering Wind Elementary received a charter to do business as Whispering Wind Academy (WWA).
The school currently serves over 550 students in grades K-6 and includes four vibrant self-contained Special Education classrooms.
- Our school hours are 8:45 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- Our office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Early dismissal hours are 8:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Whispering Wind Academy (WWA) Educational Goals
- To provide a safe, clean and orderly learning environment
- To establish a climate of high expectations for success
- To maintain instructional leadership with a clear and focused mission
- To provide opportunities for learning with active, direct instruction, while conducting frequent monitoring of student performance
- To establish active home-school partnerships
WWA Positive Behavior Matrix
- We are a PBIS school, which means we focus on positive behavior interventions and supports. We build our students up and encourage their positive thoughts and actions.
- Our acronym for our behavior matrix is SOAR, because we are mighty eagles soaring through the school!
- S - Safety
- O - Ownership
- A - Always Kind
- R - Respectful
- We have behavioral expectations for every area of the school campus including hallways, bathrooms, the multi-purpose room, and the playground.
- Reading, Writing and Mathematics are the foundation for the academic program in grades K-3.
- Science, Social Studies, and Global Geography disciplines integrate into and support the overall curriculum, and all students experience global culture and language through Chinese-Mandarin curriculum. Mandarin is taught in two different tracks, Dual Language Mandarin Immersion where half of the day's subjects are taught in Mandarin and half in English, the other track is Enrichment where students are introduced to learning a language and other cultures for 30 minutes every other day.
- Fine Arts and Physical Education classes teach academic standards through hands-on activities that integrate the core knowledge and skills learned in the classroom into the enrichment curriculum.
- We embrace and deliver rigorous programs that establish and optimize Personal Character.
- Character Counts – Six Pillars of Character.
- Through PBIS, students learn how to be accountable for their actions and understand the importance of positive behavior.
We embrace and deliver a rigorous program that models a Work Ethic that maximizes acquisition of learning at appropriate levels.
|All Grades||Warning Bell||8:42 a.m.|
|All Grades||In Classroom Line Bell||8:43 a.m.|
|All Grades||In Classroom Bell||8:45 a.m.|
|Third Grade||Recess Line Up||11:28 a.m.|
|Kindergarten||Recess Line Up||11:38 a.m.|
|Fourth Grade||Recess Line Up||11:48 a.m.|
|Second Grade||Recess Line Up||12:08 p.m.|
|First Grade||Recess Line Up||12:28 p.m.|
|Fifth Grade||Recess Line Up||12:39 p.m.|
|Sixth Grade||Recess Line Up||12:59 p.m.|
|All Grades||End of Day Bell||3:15 p.m.|